Family Law -Order Allowing Removal of the Minor Child From California is stayed from enforcement 30 days from the entry of the judgment or order.

New Case: Lief v. Superior Court (Nissan) – filed Dec. 6, 2018, publication ordered Jan. 2, 2018, Fourth District, Div. One.

A judgment or order of the family court allowing removal of a minor child from California is stayed “for a period of 30 calendar days from the entry of judgment or order” pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure Sec. 917.7. The court’s tentative oral statement of its decision at the end of the hearing is not the date of the judgment or order and does not commence the 30-day statutory stay period.

To Discuss your child custody matter with Orange County family law lawyer Gregory W. Cabo, call (714) 771-2227.

Complimentary Case Assessment

Fill out the form below for a complimentary consultation:

* Required fields.


DISCLAIMER: The content of this website is intended to convey general information to facilitate recognition of possible legal issues affecting your life. The content of this website is not personal legal advise and should not be relied upon. For legal guidance concerning your individual matter, it is essential for you to consult with an attorney to discuss your objectives, your specific situation and applicable California Law.

Communication with this law office through the web-site does not establish an attorney-client relationship, does not create an agreement for this law office to represent you nor does it express a guarantee of any result in your matter. This law office is under no obligation to render services to you or otherwise investigate your matter for you. Confidential and personal information should not be sent through this web-site.

Further, information provided through this web-site is not confidential and may be disclosed. It is also important for you to know that every legal matter has deadlines. Failure to meet those deadlines may have severe financial or other consequences and can cause you to lose your rights to pursue or defend your matter in court. Because there may be critical deadlines in your matter, you should take steps to immediately consult with an attorney to obtain specific legal advise regarding your case.